As a Raleigh funeral home owner, you have to be ready for anything. From a phone call in the middle of the night that forces you out of bed to pick up a body to comforting a distressed family member of the deceased, you are depended on in times of need and emotional turmoil. Due to the delicate nature of your work, it is vital that you have everything up and running smoothly to ensure that you won’t be adding any additional burdens to your clients.
Unfortunately, accidents, disasters, and breakdowns can happen when you least expected. That is why it is crucial for funeral homes to get the right kind of business insurance to keep you covered when things go wrong and provide you with the funds needed to get things up and running as soon as possible.
Types Of Coverage You Should Consider For Your Funeral Home
- General liability coverage – This coverage is key to helping protect your funeral home business in case someone ends up injured while in your facility and you are found liable. For example, if someone trips on the rug within the building and injures their hip or if an item belonging to a deceased person becomes damaged, you can rest assured knowing your insurance will cover the costs.
- Business property coverage – This type of insurance is crucial for all small businesses and will ensure that your funeral home’s physical building along with its contents will be protected. While the exact types of losses covered will depend on your specific policy, this will allow you to be covered in cases like theft of your or your clients’ valuable items. As a business that is often in charge of keeping some very precious items and bodies’ safe during their stay, you won’t want to go without this policy.
- Equipment breakdown coverage – This kind of coverage helps to cover the costs of any repairs to your facility’s phones, computers, heating/air conditioning, or other key equipment fails or damages. As a funeral home, your ability to embalm and keep the body preserved will greatly depend on your equipment working properly. Additionally, this type of specialized coverage can also pay for lost income and other costs that are in relation to your equipment breakdowns.
- Business auto insurance – Being able to transport the body to the funeral home and to the cemetery using vans and hearses is an important part of the job. Unfortunately, vehicles can breakdown or end up in accidents while on the job. Thankfully, this type of insurance will have you covered so you will be able to get any repairs needed to keep the business running while also helping you afford any medical bills that may result from an auto accident.
- Data compromise coverage – In the age of technology, data has become a vital part of every business including funeral homes. Thankfully, this specialty coverage ensures that you will be reimbursed for any data recovery and services that may be needed when electronic records end up damaged or stolen including credit monitoring for clients.
- Professional liability coverage – This type of coverage is also known as ‘errors and omissions’ insurance and is used to protect businesses from any professional mistakes that may occur during the course of your work. We all make mistakes. However, due to the delicate nature of a funeral home’s work, even the tiniest mistake could really end up costing you and your business. Thankfully, this policy was made to make sure businesses like yours don’t crash and burn over a single mistake.
- Employment practices liability coverage – This kind of insurance policy allows you to have protection against any lawsuits that are brought in by current or former employees. While many funeral homes have only a few employees on hand, it is still crucial for any business that employs others to ensure you are protected and ready for anything an employee might bring your way.
An Insurance Agency You Can Trust
If you are looking for insurance for your funeral home or any other type of small business, look no further than Amistad Insurance Services.
Here at Amistad, we specialize in Raleigh business insurance facilitation services and are committed to helping you find the most advantage policies for your business. As a locally owned and operated North Carolina business, we understand the needs of small businesses along with the types of challenges they may face along the way. That is why we are dedicated to educating and providing our clients with the coverage that will keep their businesses safe when accidents or disasters strike.
Give us a call today and we would be happy to help give you a free Raleigh business insurance quote and find the best options for your business’ needs!