Homeowners Insurance Coverage in Raleigh, NC
Obtaining North Carolina homeowners insurance can be a relatively complicated matter, especially if you choose to protect your home against every eventuality. Getting it pays off in the end, however. After all, it covers losses and damage on your house as well as your assets inside the home. Moreover, it includes liability coverage against accidents that happen on your property.
Getting basic coverage is sometimes tempting, but can cost you even more if you were to experience damage to your property. But with a comprehensive home insurance in Raleigh you can receive coverage for property, belongings, liability, and living expenses.
Find a Homeowners Insurance Program in Raleigh, NC
There are many different insurance companies in NC to choose from. Only Amistad Insurance of NC can help you find the best policies at the most reasonable prices. But more than just finding the lowest rates possible, we go out of our way to educate you on your insurance options. We identify the coverage you need for absolute protection from financial risks.
We have helped homeowners throughout Raleigh, Durham, Cary, and Garner obtain coverage at affordable rates. We’re ready to help you, too.
Homeowner’s insurance prices are based on a variety of factors, including:
The Age of the Home
The Location of the Home
Appraised Home Value
Every situation is unique. For this reason, we ensure you get access to the policies that will offer you the most protection at the lowest prices.
What Does A Homeowners Policy Cover?
Basic dwelling coverage typically only protects the structure of your home. Therefore, it doesn’t give you very much protection beyond that. A more complete coverage option will protect the contents inside of your home. This means a policy offering coverage for:
- Medical – Medical payments coverage helps homeowners resolve small claims. If a guest gets injured on your property, for instance, the medical payments portion of your policy can reimburse their medical expenses. While the amount for medical payments insurance can vary by policy and state, they usually have a limit of $1,000 to $5,000 and have a lower limit than liability coverage.
- Liability – Compared to medical payments, personal liability coverage includes injuries that happen in your home, but only includes incidents in which you are legally responsible. The coverage usually starts at $100,000 and includes you as well as family members that live under your roof. It excludes tenants that rent out a portion of your home.
- Property damage – Homeowners insurance policy protects you from perils or disasters that could range from natural disasters to crimes committed by others. These include fire, vandalism, falling objects, windstorms, theft, and more. The property damage part of your policy covers physical damage to the structure of your home, such as the roof, floor, and doors.
- Personal belongings – More than just coverage for property damage, a homeowners insurance covers personal belongings of the insured — even those outside your home. These personal belongings include furniture, clothing, sporting equipment, jewelry, and more. The policy also covers the personal belongings of those who live on your property as well as your guests, provided that both are both located within your home.
- Fire damage – Homeowners insurance provides protection if a fire destroys or damages your property. The coverage typically includes your home, your personal belongings within your property, and additional expenses you need if the fire damage requires you to move elsewhere. The coverage, however, excludes arson and fires that occur in a vacant home.
Call us today for any insurance inquiry. Our phone lines are open 24 hours.
A homeowners policy in North Carolina does not include flood insurance coverage. A separate flood policy must be purchased.
You get to enjoy peace of mind when you purchase a more comprehensive policy to protect your home. With that said, your home is your biggest investment—it makes sense to protect it. And after all, you do live here in North Carolina. There’s a very good chance your home will have to weather a few severe storms which might damage it in some way.
- Your property and its contents are protected in the face of natural disasters.
- Visitors injured on your property will be covered through your policy’s liability and medical coverage clauses.
- Your property and its contents are covered against theft and vandalism.
- Your policy keeps you in compliance with the guidelines set down by your mortgage lender.
Amistad will do everything to ensure you get the most complete home insurance coverage at the most reasonable rates. In addition, we will help you get more specialized insurance if you have a unique property, such as a historic home. To include helping you combine all your insurance policies so you’re eligible for discounted rates.
Call us today for a free home insurance quote at (919) 926-7166.
- Can Removing an In-Ground Pool Reduce Your Home Insurance Rates?
- 5 Reasons To Invest In Homeowner's Insurance
- Is Your Homeowners Insurance As Cheap As It Could Be?
- What Type Of Homeowner's Insurance Do You Need?
- Covering All The Bases For Your Raleigh Home
- Find more home insurance related articles here.