Raleigh is the capital of North Carolina and home to more than 431,000 people. It’s well known for being part of the Research Triangle, and as such residents here are used to being able to use innovative steps to overcome challenges in their lives.
For many, that means mastering their budgets and making sure that they can save as much money as possible. There are some areas that you can cut back on, but in North Carolina one thing you can’t ignore is your automobile insurance. That applies to motorcycle coverage as well, and anyone driving a motorcycle must have insurance coverage – at least in terms of liability.
But motorcycle insurance can add up significantly, and it’s important to consider different ways to save money on your coverage. Here are a few tips that should help make it easier to do just that.
- Don’t Customize Too Much – Yes, it’s pretty cool to upgrade your bike with a ton of chrome, custom mirrors, and more. But the reality is that those customizations also drive up the cost of your insurance. Try to go no-frills if you want to save on monthly premium costs.
- Drive Safe – Don’t showboat on the road and end up getting countless speeding tickets, reckless driving tickets, or being involved in accidents. All of these things influence your insurance costs. Drive smart, enjoy your bike, but try not to act recklessly on the roads.
- Drive Less – There’s a chance that you can score a lower insurance rate just by driving less. If you’re a weekend biker, you’ll likely pay less than if you drive your bike as your primary vehicle.
- Consider Liability – This is a risky option, but if you really can’t afford premiums you can certainly reduce your coverage to just liability. Doing so means that if you’re involved in an accident, you’ll have to pay out of pocket for all of your own repairs and damages, however.
- Shop Around – Not only should you compare insurance rates from different companies, but look into things like bundling motorcycle and auto insurance together. Or think about paying annually to drop the costs significantly. You have a lot of insurance coverage options, and shopping smart could help.
If you are a motorcycle owner, you owe it to yourself to take steps to save on your insurance coverage. Contact our team of motorcycle insurance professionals to review your current situation and see what kind of savings might be out there. It could cut your costs significantly.